Friday, February 1, 2013

This Old House of Mine: Inside (part 1)

WARNING: These are all photos taken before the house was cleaned/painted/sanitized. If you are easily grossed out, you might not want to look...


 View from the front door nearly straight through to the kitchen. Again, this is the day the house closed and the people where still moving out. They where hoarders in case you haven't guessed...


The dining room. I love the amount of natural lighting in this room. If you look at the wall near the ceiling, you can see the shiplap walls where stained only so high up. Once upon a time (we're guessing 1960s-70s) the ceiling had been dropped down. For the life of me, I don't understand why... I love high ceilings! Luckily they where torn out again in the late 80s-early 90s.


The door leading from the living room into the second bedroom... and the super ugly painted floor boarder... Who says baby-poop yellow is ok?!


My kitchen! I do love the amount of cupboard space!


 See that little shelf between the two windows? I'd love to get rid of it... but guess what it's hiding? The electrical box. I need to find a cute frame or something instead...


The laundry room. A sorry sight. From what I can figure out, the plywood on the wall is covering a area where a window once was. I love the old sliding window! The kitchen and laundry room (which I believe was originally a mudroom/covered porch) was built in the 50s and remodeled in the mid-late 90s.

Off the laundry room is a room which my hubs and I call 'The Dog Room'. dun dun DUN!
Ok, no really, this room is too gross to take a picture of. It was added on in the late 90s, early 00's. Since then, the roof leaked for years, causing the room to slowly rot. The floor is moss covered, dog peed-on plywood. The walls had their insulation and drywall torn out after the leak... needless to say, the room is worthless and we'll be tearing it down this summer or next and replace it with a nice backyard patio.

Enough stuffing pictures in this post... I'll be making a 'part 2' for the bedrooms and bath.

Cheers!
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment